WN2000RPTv3 is a Wireless-N extender that is capable of removing dead Wi-Fi spots. This device can extend the wireless network outside the range of your existing wireless network. It has a maximum of 300Mbps connection speed, depending on the router.
How to install the WN2000RPTv3:
When setting up your Range Extender, NETGEAR recommends that you bring the device into the same room as your wireless router. Once the setup is complete and verified as having a working connection to the wireless router, move the extender to its intended location.
1; Connect via WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup):
Note: Ensure your router supports WPS. If it does not, skip to Option 2.
- Press the WPS button on the WN2000RPTv3 and wait for it to start blinking.
- Press the WPS button on your router within two minutes.
- Once the WPS lights on both devices stop blinking, ensure the Link Rate LED is lit.
- Connect to the extender wireless network (SSID with _EXT at the end; Example: ROUTER_EXT). Use the same passphrase/network key as your main wireless network.
- If you want to make changes on the extender, go to www.mywifiext.net. If prompted, log in as admin with password as the password.